- Malaysian government has issued shipping notice NPM 09/2016 regarding amendments of 2014 to the Maritime Labour Convention 2006.
- From 18th January 2017, all Malaysian registered vessels wherever they are, should at all times, maintain on board evidence of
- Financial security – Standard A 2.5.2 – Repatriation
- Financial security– Standard A 4.2.1 - Shipowner’s Liability for contractual claims
- A copy of the certificate or documentary evidence of financial security must be posted in a conspicuous place onboard the vessel where it is available to the seafarers.
- The financial security must only be obtained from approved security providers as listed in Appendix 1 of this shipping notice.
- Copies of financial securities must be provided to the Marine Department and designated RO for records.
- Marine department will prepare and issue revised DMLC Part I to shipowners no later than due date of ship’s first MLC renewal inspection . Shipowners will be required to update their DMLC part II to indicate compliance with the new DMLC Part I . This is to be done no later than first renewal inspection after 18th January 2017.
- Existing Maritime Labour certificates and DMLC shall remain valid till ship’s first MLC renewal inspection after 18th January 2017.
- Malaysia Shipping Notice No. NPM 09/2016.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.