- Global Counter Piracy Guidance for Companies, Master and Seafarers has been adopted by Maritime Safety Committee at its 100th
- The purpose of this guidance is to protect seafarers, the ship and cargo and, to facilitate threat and risk assessment and planning for voyages transiting areas where the threat of attack by pirates and armed robbers exists. This guidance will be applicable to every ship type or in every region.
- This guidance complements other industry guidance on piracy and armed robbery such as BMP latest version, guidance provided in latest MSC Circulars and Regional Guide to Counter Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in Asia produced by ReCAAP ISC in collaboration with other regional organisations.
- Ship owners / operators, Masters and Seafarers are advised to be guided by above.
- Global Counter Piracy Guidance for Companies, Masters and Seafarers.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.