1. In view of the significant decline in the COVID 19 cases across the country, Indian Administration vide DGS Order No.13 of 2022, dated 01st April 2022, has informed regarding withdrawal of all COVID 19 related directives and SOPs issued by the Directorate General of Shipping with immediate effect.
2. However, the Administration has advised stakeholders to continue to comply with Ministry of Health & Family welfare (MoHFW) and IMO advisories on COVID containment measures including on the use of face mask, hand hygiene, and such other measures.
3. All passengers above 12 years of age may continue to carry vaccination certificates or negative RTPCR report. Minimum facilities to isolate Coronavirus patients on board and their immediate evacuation may continue to be maintained.
4. Further, in view of the nature of the pandemic and possibilities of resurgence, the Administration has cautioned all stakeholder to remain vigilant in the matter and implement appropriate measures proactively whenever required to prevent resurgence of the pandemic in accordance with MoHFW, Central/State Government directives.
5. Owners/Operators, Masters of Indian flagged ships are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.