- From 18th January 2017 ,all Republic of The Marshall Islands registered vessels should at all times ,maintain onboard evidence of
- Financial security (P& I Club or Insurer) – Standard A 2.5 – Repatriation
- Financial security (P & I Club or Insurer) – Standard A 4.2 - Shipowner’s Liability ( Compensation in the event of death or long term disability)
- Mobile Offshore Units operators may opt for self-insurance and provide required documentary evidence directly to administration.
- A copy of the certificates or documentary evidence must be posted in a conspicuous place onboard the vessel where it is available to the seafarers.
- Where more than one financial security provider supplies cover, the documents provided by each provider must be carried on board.
- A copy of the certificates or documentary evidence must be forwarded by the shipowner to the Administrator at: vesdoc@Register-iri.com.
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC)
- DMLC Part I (Form MSD 400A) and DMLC Part II (Form MSD 400B) have been amended to incorporate the 2014 amendments to MLC 2006 .
- Ship owners of existing RMI flagged vessels will need to request new DMLC Part I from administration and amend DMLC Part II accordingly. This must be done by the Initial or first renewal inspection after 18th January ,2017 .
- Maritime Labour Certificate and DMLC ( DMLC Part I & DMLC Part II) must be renewed no later than the date of the first renewal inspection following 18th January2017.
- Till that time existing MLC and DMLC shall be recognized as valid.
- DMLC Part I (Form MSD 400A) and DMLC Part II (Form MSD 400B)
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.