- Maritime Cook Islands (MCI) has issued circular 146/2017 (copy attached) providing information on ISM Reviews and Non-Conformity Reports.
- ISM Reviews that result from PSC deficiency ISM non-conformity code 15150:
- Administration has identified that ISM Non-Conformity code 15150 as recurring deficiency during PSC inspections.
- As per Paris MoU defective item code 15150 ISM, (under action taken code 21) the deficiency requires corrective action and review of ISM system by the company within 3 months through appropriate means like internal audit.
- After 3 months period failure to comply with above requirement, ship will be eligible for an additional inspection.
- Copy of the review is required by administration before the expiry of the 3-months period.
- ISM Non-Conformity Report (NCR) Form:
- Where deficiencies results from a PSC inspection or MCI inspection, Non Conformity Report is to be submitted to the administration.
- Administration has identified that many NCRs do not meet the requirements of the ISM Code. A sample of Non-Conformity report is created by administration which is attached with the circular. All fields of the Non-Conformity Report are mandatory.
- If NCRs implemented onboard does not meet the requirement of the ISM Code, administration has requested that the sample is to be implemented as soon as possible.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Maritime Cook Islands circular 146/2017.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.