- Republic of Panama has issued revised merchant marine circular MMC-195 regarding Long Range Identification and Tracking of ships (LRIT) providing information on sole ASP approved by Administration to carry out testing in order to determine compliance with the applicable requirements of SOLAS Chapter V Reg. 19-1.
- Salient points of the circular are as follows:
- Administration has appointed following company as the only Recognized ASP which also operate the administration’s National Data Centre (NDC) on behalf of administration:
POLE STAR SPACE APPLICATIONS
2nd Floor, The Yellow Building, 1 Nicholas Road,
London W11 4AN, United Kingdom
Telephone: + 44 (0)2073137400
Fax: +44 (0)20 7313 7401
- However, administration has informed that the certificates which are issued before 01 January 2009 by following ASPs will remain valid:
- POLE STAR SPACE APPLICATIONS
- PSC HOLDING S.A. / ABSOLUTE SOFTWARE INC.
- TRANSAS TELEMATICS
- FULCRUM MARITIME SYSTEMS LTD.
- The Panamanian ships will not be charged for the costs of LRIT transmissions and the four (4) mandatory messages per day and the polling requests will be paid by the Administration.
- For information on specific models owners are requested to contact recognized ASP on email address provided above or at 24 * 7 support center at +507-301-5748.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Republic of Panama merchant marine circular MMC-195.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.