- A Concentrated Inspection Campaign (CIC) on Emergency Systems and Procedures will be initiated by the member Authorities of the Paris and Tokyo MOU on Port State Control.
- The inspection campaign will be held for three (3) months, commencing from 1st September 2019 and ending on 30th November 2019. A copy of the press release by Paris and Tokyo MOU reg. CIC is attached herewith.
- The purpose of the CIC is to ensure that:
- Ships are capable of responding appropriately and promptly to emergency situations;
- Necessary measures are taken by shipping companies and ship managers having a direct influence on the safety of ships and by raising their awareness of the importance of ship emergency systems;
- Emergency systems installed onboard can be properly operated and effectively managed in any emergency situations; and
- Master and crew of the ship understand their assigned roles and duties in case of emergency and enhance their familiarity with the situations so that they can act immediately when circumstances arise.
- Deficiencies found during the inspection will be recorded by the PSC officer and actions may vary from recording a deficiency and instructing the master to rectify it within a certain period, to detaining the ship until serious deficiencies have been rectified.
- Port State Control officer shall be using a questionnaire which lists areas to be covered during CIC. The areas include verification that equipment provided onboard complies with the relevant convention, the master and officers are qualified and familiar with the operations relating to shipboard emergency systems and that equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
- Ship owners and operators of vessels trading in Paris and Tokyo MOU regions are advised to be guided by above and are requested to forward the attached Questionnaire Checklist to the vessels in their fleet and ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Press Release by Paris MoU.
- Questionnaire for CIC.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.