1. The maritime Administration of Belize (IMMARBE) has issued Merchant Marine Notice, MMN-21-001, dated 04th May 2021 informing Administration’s requirements for change of status of a Belize flagged vessel from operational to dry-docking repairs or lay-up.
2. Owners/ managers of vessels intending to take their vessel to dry-dock or to lay-up and change the status of the vessel from operational to dry-docking repairs or laid-up, are required to notify IMMARBE’s Technical Department of their intention along with the period needed under the new status.
3. The Administration will issue a Statement of Authorization for the change of vessel’s status. Attached Circular, MMN-21-001 provides procedure for application of Statement of Authorization. Failure to notify IMMARBE’s Technical Department, the vessel will be considered as a vessel under normal operation.
4. Further, the ship owner are required to get in touch with the Recognized Organization in charge of the Statutory, ISM, ISPS and MLC certification and inquire about their procedures for change of status to avoid suspension or cancellation of the vessels certification.
5. During dry-docking repairs, the existing Minimum Safe Manning Certificate will remain in force.
6. During laid-up, the existing Minimum Safe Manning Certificate will remain in force unless a new certificate with reduced crew complement is requested to IMMARBE’s Technical Department. This Minimum Safe Manning Certificate with reduced crew complement will be valid for the declared laid-up period.
7. LRIT and AIS must be fully operational during dry-docking or laid-up period. If the LRIT & AIS is required to be deactivated or switched off during dry-docking or laid-up period, an immediate notification is to be made to IMMARBE’s Technical Department requesting authorization for such action. Failure to notify IMMARBE in such cases will be considered as contravention to Administration’s requirements.
8. Ship owners/ operators and masters of Belize flagged ships are advised to be guided by above and ensure compliance.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.