- Comoros Maritime Administration vide Circular Ref No. 19/1409/COM (copy attached) has provided instructions and procedures for the programming and use of the Ship Security Alert System (SSAS).
- Currently Comoros flagged vessels have been programmed to report any incident related to security to the address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Administration vide attached circular has advised that SSAS is to be re-programmed to report any incident related to security and SSAS TEST and SSAS ALERT to the address – email@example.com This re-programming is to be completed no later than 30 June 2020.
- Auditors will be verifying that the correct e-mail address has been programmed in the SSAS during the ISPS audits.
- The following information is to be included in the notification email:
- Name of the vessel
- IMO Number
- Call Sign
- Maritime Mobile Service Identity
- Date and Time (UTC)
- GNSS position (latitude and longitude) of the ship
- Course and speed
- When a SSAS TEST is performed, the word “TEST” is to be clearly indicated in any transmission. Administration will confirm receipt of the SSAS TEST.
- Upon receipt of a SSAS ALERT, Administration will always require information/ status of the vessel and the crew onboard.
- In case of an accidental false SSAS ALERT, the Administration is to be immediately notified by the Owners/ managers or the CSO or the Master. Also in case of repeated false SSAS ALERT, necessary arrangements is to be made to repair the fault as soon as possible.
- Drills, exercises and tests are to be carried out at least once each calendar year with no more than 18 months apart. Also Records of all drills, exercises and tests are to be maintained for a minimum period of five (5) years, unless otherwise defined in the Ship Security Plan or the procedures of the Owners/ Managers.
- Owners/operators of Comoros flagged vessels are advised to be guided by above.
- Comoros Circular Ref. No. 19/1409/COM, dated 28 September 2019
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.