1. Reference is made to Technical Circular No. 029/2022 dated 12th April 2022 regarding urgent provisional measures for the operation of Cyprus ship during the Covid-19 pandemic.
2. Cyprus Maritime Administration, vide Circular No. 28/2022, dated 12 September 2022, has now informed that as the Coronavirus outbreak still constitutes a public health emergency that prevents the normal operation of recognized training schools and assessment centres;
a. Certificate of competency, certificate of proficiency and documentary evidences issued by the Republic of Cyprus with expiration date between 01/03/2020 and 30/12/2022 is to be considered valid until 31/12/2022.
3. A copy of Circular no. 28/2022 must be placed on board vessels flying the Cyprus flag.
4. Ship owners/ operators and masters of Cyprus flagged ships are advised to be guided by above.
5. This Technical Circular supersedes and revokes earlier Technical Circular No. 029/2022, dated 12th April 2022.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.