- Reference is made to our technical circular no. 36/2019 regarding Prohibition on use of Single Use Plastics.
- Administration has now finalized the implementation schedule and issued an addendum no.1 to DGS order 05 of 2019 (copy attached) in this regard.
- The addendum provides clarification on definition of Single Use Plastic (SUP), the methodology that is to be adopted for complying with the requirements of DGS order 05 of 2019 and clarification to use waste reception facilities at Indian ports for disposal of SUP.
- Administration has allowed ships to prepare a ship specific Ship Execution Plan (SEP) containing a list of an inventory indicating all single use plastic used onboard as on 31 January 2020 for Cargo ships and 31 March 2020 for Passenger Ships.
- The details of execution methodology and schedule are provided in attached addendum no.1 of DGS order 05 of 2019
- Also answers for frequently asked questions are also provided with the addendum the for further clarification that are to be referred while implementing the execution methodology and schedule.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.