1. In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Indian Administration vide DGS Order No. 21 of 2021 has advised that the validity of Ship Sanitation Certificate of all Indian registered vessels operating on the coast of India is further extended for a period up to 30 November 2021.
2. The above extension is subject to the condition that Master needs to ensure that the ship remains free of infection and contamination including vectors and reservoirs of transmission of diseases.
3. All records of disinfection and sanitization including inspections carried out are required to be maintained onboard for verification.
4. Ship owners/ operators and masters of Indian flagged ships are advised to be guided by above.
5. This Technical Circular supersedes and revokes earlier Technical Circular No. 125/2020, dated 17 October 2020.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.