1. Ships to which Ballast Water Management Convention (BWMC) apply, must have onboard a Ballast Water Record Book (BWRB) in accordance with Regulation, B-2 of the BWM Convention.
2. Ballast Water Record Book may be an electronic record system, or may be integrated into another record book or system, which shall at least contain the information specified in Appendix II of BWM Convention.
3. Ballast Water record book entries are to be maintained on board the ship for a minimum period of two years after the last entry has been made and thereafter in the Company’s control for a minimum period of three years.
4. In order to have a uniform standard and consistency in record-keeping of ballast water operations onboard, Liberian Administration has issued Marine Advisory 01/2023 providing guidance when making entries in the BWRB.
5. Owners/operators and masters are advised to be guided by above and ensure that the BWRB onboard is in accordance with Appendix II of the BWM Convention and are filled in correctly and records maintained.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.