1. The Liberian Maritime Administration vide revised Marine Notice- PSC-001 Rev.01/21 has established measures as listed below to improve the reporting of deficiencies and minimizing the risk of Port State Control (PSC) detentions of Liberian flagged vessels.
2. With effect from 15 January 2021, following requirements will apply to all Liberian flagged vessels:
a. Reporting of accidents and defects which affect the safety of the ship or the efficiency, completeness of its life-saving appliances amongst other equipment. Reports include deficiencies noted during PSC inspections. In order to expedite the receipt of this information, the Administration requires Owners, Operators, Masters, DPA and Recognized Organizations to immediately send all the PSC inspection reports to Administration’s Fleet Performance Department at PSCfollowup@liscr.com.
b. The Administration also requires submission of a Corrective Action Report, if deficiencies are discovered during PSC inspection. The Corrective Action Reports is to be submitted to Administration at PSCfollowup@liscr.com as soon as possible and no later than 30 days from the date of the PSC Inspection.
3. The Corrective Actions Reports can be submitted by using following means:
• Administration’s Form RLM-031, Rev.04/2020 which can be downloaded from below link: https://www.liscr.com/sites/default/files/RLM-031_Rev.04-2020.doc
• The format used by the company safety management system, describing the deficiencies, Corrective actions, root cause analysis and preventive actions taken.
4. Further, Owners/ Operators are required to incorporate the requirements stated in above para ‘2’ into the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) for all vessels as early as possible, but no later than 1 July 2021.
5. Compliance towards above requirements will be verified by the Administration during Annual Safety Inspections (ASI) and findings may be issued if vessel not found in compliance.
6. Ship owners/ operators and masters of Liberian flagged vessels are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.