1. In view of an increased number of detentions in Australia, China, Europe and USA, Liberian Administration vide Marine Operation Note 04/2023 requires vessels to submit a copy of the Notice of Arrival (NOA) which is submitted to the PSC authorities 96 Hours prior to entering their territorial Waters.
2. In addition to the copy of the NOA, Masters and Chief Engineers to complete, sign, and submit the Pre arrival Checklist (RLM 258) in conjunction with the copy of Notice of Arrival (NOA) which is submitted 96 hours prior to arrival. The form RLM-258 is to be included as part of the SMS and will be verified during ISM audits and Flag State Inspections.
3. In the event of consecutive port calls within a country, the RLM 258 needs only be submitted prior to the first port. An updated RLM 258 must be submitted if the condition of the vessel changes during these consecutive port calls or after the vessel calls a port in another area requiring completion of the RLM-258.
4. Failure to submit a copy of the NOA and the completed RLM 258 to the Administration may result in suspension of the Master’s and/or Chief Engineer’s Liberian credentials and/or an additional audit of the vessel or Company SMS.
5. Ship owners/ operators and masters of Liberia flagged ships are advised to be guided by above and ensure compliance
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.