- Reference is made to our Technical circular no. 63/2018- “New Security Guidance- Anti Piracy, BMP 5 and GCPG” dated 14 August 2018.
- In view of recent rise of the piracy attacks in the Gulf of Guinea and Gulf of Aden (off Somalia), Panama Maritime Authority, vide Merchant Marine Circular MMC-349 has provided information related to anti-piracy security measurements to be taken by Panama flagged ships while transiting through high risk areas.
- Administration has encouraged all operators, CSOs and owners of Panama flagged vessel to contact the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) piracy reporting center in case of any incident of piracy or armed robbery that occurs in any part of the world.
Piracy Reporting Centre (PRC)
Tel: +(60 3) 2078 5763 / 2031 0287 / 2031 3106
24 hrs. ANTI PIRACY HELPLINE: + 60 3 2031 0014 (Manned 24 hrs. everyday)
Fax: + 60 3 2078 5769
General E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Piracy E-mail: email@example.com
- Also, Administration has informed about Information Fusion Center - Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR), which is functioning as an information sharing hub for sense-making of maritime data and cuing incident responses to Maritime Security situations through a collaborative approach. The contact details of IFC-IOR are as below:
Information Fusion Centre - Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR)
Naval Transmitting Station
Sohna Road, Sector - 33, Gurugram - 122 001
Tel: (+91) 124 -2208385, Fax - (+91) 124 -2209385
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to take note of above and be guided by attached circular.
- Panama Merchant Marine Circular MMC-349
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.