1. Panama Maritime Administration vide MMC-398 has implemented additional assessment requirements to decrease the detention numbers of Panama flagged vessels calling in PARIS MOU ports that may be subject to Port State Control (PSC) inspections.
2. For this, the Administration has enforced the implementation of the Pre-arrival Checklist to assist Ship-Owners, operators, technical managers, Designated Persons Ashore (DPA) and the vessel Master’s to find weak items that can result as a ground for detention through PSC inspections by PARIS MOU.
3. The pre-arrival checklist is to be sent ninety-six hours (96hrs) before the vessel arrives to any PARIS MOU ports, to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. For voyages of less than ninety-six hours (96hrs), the checklist must be sent at least twenty-four hours (24hrs) before arrival at port.
4. The use of the checklist is compulsory for all the Panamanian vessels prior to arrivals to any PARIS MOU port, and is to be signed by the vessel Master and/or company Designated Persons Ashore (DPA). The failure to comply with this requirement may lead to administrative sanctions to the vessel Master, and/or Chief Engineer and/or to the vessel company as well.
5. If an extraordinariness issues, such as equipment failures or any others situations that cannot be resolve on board of the vessel immediately; Ship-Owners, operators, technical managers, DPA or vessel´s Master, is to immediately coordinate the effective corrective actions, together with the vessel Recognized Organization and Segumar Offices. PSC Authority is to be informed at the same time.
6. Ship owners/ operators and masters of Panama flagged ships are advised to be guided by above and ensure compliance.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.