1. Panama Administration vide Merchant Marine Notice, MMN-13/2021 has informed regarding an increase of detentions in the Paris MoU, specifically in Italy. These detentions have in common that they are ships with Priority 1 in Paris MoU Inspection and Selection Scheme.
2. In view of above and in order to maintain white list status of Panama in Paris MoU, Administration has made it compulsory for all Panamanian flagged ships with Priority 1 in Paris MoU Inspection and Selection Scheme, to undergo a Flag State Annual Safety Inspection (ASI) as soon as they arrive at any port or terminal in Italy.
3. If required, the Shipowners/Operators will be required to assume the travel, food, and lodging expenses of the Flag Inspector designated to attend to their ships.
4. To know and/or to calculate the risk level of ships, Administration has urged Owners/ managers to enter the following Paris MoU link and follow the steps to carry out the calculation of the company's performance and then calculate the level of risk (priority factor) of their ships.
5. Attached MMN states that non-compliance with the provisions of this marine notice will be subject to sanction. Refusing for the first time carries a penalty of 10,000.00 USD. The recurrence will be grounds for the cancellation of the Panamanian registry immediately.
6. Ship Owners/ managers and Masters of Panamanian flagged ships are advised to be guided by above and ensure compliance.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.