1. St. Kitts & Nevis Maritime Administration vide Marine Circular MC 125 23, dated 17 October 2023 has advised that with immediate effect, Security Level III (3) should be applied to all St. Kitts flagged ships that are currently transiting within the Eastern Mediterranean Sea area adjacent to Israel and Palestine and in particular, near the Gaza Strip.
2. Vessels in Israeli ports or transiting the above mentioned zone must keep the utmost vigilance and increase security conditions aboard in order to protect the vessel and its crew.
3. Further, the Administration has provided following recommendations to the ship owners/managers;
4. Additionally, the Administration has recommended that all vessels follow the instructions of the local authorities regarding the transit of the crew in port areas and review their security plan on board, in case of an unforeseen incident.
5. Owners/ managers and masters of St. Kitts & Nevis flagged ships are advised to take note of the above and ensure compliance.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.