- Reference is made to our Technical Circular No. 022/2020, dated 24th March 2020 in respect of DGS Order No. 06 of 2020 regarding extension of the validity of COC /COE/ COP of seafarers, who are currently sailing onboard Indian flagged ships and Indian seafarers sailing on foreign Flag ships, whose COC / COE /COP are about to expire, for a limited period of one month taking into account the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The GOI, vide an Addendum No. 01 to DGS Order No. 06 of 2020 (copy attached) has now extended the expiry date of all STCW Certificates (including the training certificates i.e., certificates required under Chapter VI of the STCW) and associated endorsements issued by DGS which are expiring between 23rd March and 01st October 2020 (both dates inclusive), for a period of six (6) months from the expiry date printed/typed on the relevant certificate (COC/COP/COE). However, all those seafarers who meet the eligibility requirements for revalidation may make an application after the lifting of the lockdown period, to the Mercantile Marine Department for revalidation of their certificate of COC/COP/COE.
- Further, whenever the revalidation of the expired certificate is carried out, the new validity will be issued for a period of five years from the original certificate expiry date.
- There is no need to approach the DGS for any confirmation email of extension but may retain a copy of the Order (Addendum No. 01 to DGS Order No. 06 of 2020) onboard for the guidance of the officials should it be required.
- All other requirements of DGS Order No. 06 of 2020 stand as it is.
- Ship owners/ operators and managers of Indian flagged ships are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.