- The International Merchant Marine Registry of Belize (IMMARBE) vide its Merchant Marine Notice MMN-16-004 dated 17 October 2016 has issued the procedures for verification of Compliance to 2014, amendment to MLC, 2006 before the entry into force of the amendments i.e. 18th January 2017.
- The Declaration of Compliance (Format attached) duly completed in English, along with copies of the Financial Security (P&I Club or insurer) by the shipowner for endorsement/stamp to the Administration and the endorsed/stamped copy of Declaration of Compliance is to be placed on board.
- DMLC Part I will be issued by Belize administration on shipowner’s request by submitting an application (Format attached) to the Administration along with the copies of Financial Security (P&I Club or insurer).
- Once the DMLC Part I is issued by the Administration, the shipowner has to complete and submit the DMLC Part II (Format attached) to the recognized organization (RO).
- Shipowner can submit the Declaration of Compliance along with both Financial Security as per 2014 amendment to MLC, 2006 on or before 18th January 2017 and the same will be verified during the first intermediate or renewal inspection on or after 18th January 2017.
- Merchant Marine Notice MMN-16-004 dated 17 October 2016
- Format of Declaration of Compliance
- Format of Application for DMLC Part I
- Format of DMLC Part II.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.