- Panama Maritime Authority has adopted IMO Resolution MEPC.278(70) and provided guidance and instructions to ensure correct implementation of IMO Data Collection System (DCS) scheme.
- In accordance with the Regulation 22A of MARPOL Annex VI, from calendar year 2019, each ship of 5000 gross tonnage and above are required to collect data as specified in the appendix IX of MARPOL Annex VI, for that and each subsequent calendar year or portion thereof, as appropriate, according to the methodology included in the Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP).
- Recognized Organization (RO) will issue “Confirmation of Compliance” after confirming the compliance of SEEMP as per regulation 22 A of MARPOL Annex VI.
- Owners/Operators are required to submit aggregated data to Administration or Recognized organization (RO) or Independent company duly authorized by the Administration, within three months after the end of each calendar year.
- Panama flagged vessels will be issued with “statement of compliance” by Panama Maritime Authority based on recommendation from RO or independent company authorized by administration.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Panama Merchant Marine Circular No. 365
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.