- Reference is made to our Technical Circular No.065 of 2017; dated 24 May 2017 regarding GOI policy towards Flag State Inspection (FSI) of Indian flagged vessels.
- The DGS has now issued ‘Corrigendum No. 1 to Merchant Shipping Notice No. 4 of 2017’ dated 14th September 2017 (copy attached) providing Administration’s further requirement and clarity on Flag State Inspection of Indian flagged vessels.
- DGS vide attached circular has reiterated that FSI is to be conducted within 1-3 months after Annual / Intermediate / Renewal surveys as per schedule (provided in MS Notice No.4 of 2017) based on the age of the vessel.
- In case a ship Owner/ Manager fails to offer their vessel for FSI as above and request for conduct of FSI three (3) months after the last survey (Annual/Intermediate/Renewal) or conduct of FSI along with annual survey, Administration has informed that FSI will be conducted for all such request. Further, to discourage repetition of such request, an additional FSI, 3 months after the conduct of this FSI will be imposed.
- The imposition of additional FSI will be reported in the remark column of Flag State Computerized Information System (FSCIS) on-line reporting system and same will be conveyed to the Recognized Organization for inclusion in the survey status for easy monitoring.
- The remark column of the FSI report handed over to the Master will also indicate the type of FSI inspection i.e.
- surprise without complaint (normal FSI conducted by the Flag Surveyor on his own),
- on receipt of complaint or
- Ship Owners / operators and masters of Indian flagged vessels are advised to be guided by above and our Technical Circular No.065 of 2017.
- Corrigendum No.1 to DGS M.S.Notice No.4 of 2017.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.