- Reference is drawn to the Panama Maritime Authority Circular MMC-269 wherin the MLC certification procedure have been established.
- Any ship with gross tonnage of 500 or more (engaged in international voyages or operating between ports of another country) must have onboard Maritime Labour Certificate complemented with DMLC (Part I & Part II)
- Vessels with a gross tonnage from 200 GT to 499 GT engaged in international voyages or voyages between ports, may voluntarily request the Maritime Labour Certificate, for which compliance with all national regulations is required.
- An authorization from Panama Maritime Authority is required for MLC inspection of ships with gross tonnage less than 500.
- MLC Inspection/Certification of ships with gross tonnage less than 500 shall only be carried out after due authorization from Panama Maritime Authority has been obtained.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.