- Government of India vide M.S Notice 09/2017 dated 16thNov, 2017 has detailed guidelines for MLC inspection and certification of the following vessel categories
- Indian River sea vessels (as per DGS order 18 of 2013), Indian Coastal vessels (as per DGS order 01 of 2014) and Indian coastal vessels of GRT < 500T
- Indian vessels on international voyages of GRT < 500 T.
- Indian River sea vessels (as per DGS order 18 of 2013) and Indian Coastal vessels (as per DGS order 01 of 2014) of GRT > 500 T
- Compliance procedure for implementation as follows
- Owners need not apply to MMD for issuance of DMLC Part I. Annexure –I of this notice serves as the required DMLC Part I.
- Format of DMLC Part II to be prepared by owners is given in Annexure II of this notice. The original DMLC Part II shall be placed on board ship. A copy of completed DMLC part II duly signed by owner and copies of financial securities (Seafarer repatriation and Ship owner’s liability) required as per rule 12 and 19 of MS Maritime Labour rules 2016 shall be submitted with registrar of ships.
- Owners shall start implementation of requirements as per this notice with immediate effect.
- The first onboard verification inspection will be carried out at the next Annual/Intermediate/Renewal survey falling due after 3 months from the date of issue of this notice i.e. – from 16th Feb, 2018 onwards. However owners may choose to pre-pone the verification inspection if any of the said surveys are falling due within 3 months of the time period provided for compliance.
- Minimum two inspections shall be carried out in any five years validity period with interval between two inspections not exceeding 3 years.
- Completed Part A (Checklist) and Part B (SOC) of the Annexure 3 of this notice duly filled, stamped and signed shall be maintained onboard in original as evidence of compliance.
- S Notice 09 of 2017
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.