- St. Vincent & the Grenadines (SVG) has issued circular no. PSC034 regarding Port State Control (PSC) inspection in Paris MOU region.
- In cases where PSC inspection reveals deficiencies but do not warrant detention, Administration may require any or all of the following to be complied with:
- Additional Safety Management Certificate (SMC) audit with scope of initial SMC audit.
- Occasional Survey with scope of mandatory annual statutory surveys
- Additional Document of Compliance (DoC) audit or both.
- Course of actions taken by the company for the rectification of the reported deficiencies will be verified during Additional DoC audit including root cause analysis, corrective, preventive actions to avoid recurrence of such deficiencies in company’s fleet. Result of same will be reported to Administration by Recognized Organization.
- Failure to comply with these requirements by vessels/company will result into fines and deletation of vessel from flag at short notice.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines Circular no. PSC034
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.