1. Using fuel with a sulphur content not exceeding 0.1% mass per cent concentration (0.1% m/m); or
2. Using an exhaust gas cleaning system, certified and approved in accordance with the IMO guidelines for Exhaust Gas Cleaning System 2015; or
3. Using a power source external to the vessel; or
4. Using a combination of any of the above measures.
1. Unforeseen and uncontrolled mechanical or equipment failure;
2. The unavailability of compliant fuel;
3. Unexpected delay in departure beyond the reasonable control of the master; and
4. An unscheduled berthing due to an emergency.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.