- A concentrated inspection campaign (CIC) on Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC, 2006) will be initiated by the member Authorities of the Paris Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Port State Control. A copy of the press release by Paris MoU reg. CIC is attached herewith.
- The inspection campaign will be held for three (3) months, commencing from 1st September 2016 and ending on 30th November 2016.
- The aim of the CIC is to verify that the minimum standards for working and living conditions have been implemented on board.
- The ship’s procedures and measures that are in place with respect to MLC, 2006 will be checked in detail for compliance with the requirements during the routine Port State Control Inspection.
- Port State Control officer shall be using a questionnaire which lists areas to be covered during CIC. The areas include verification of required certificates/documents related to the seafarers, records of inspections of the accommodation, food & catering, and verification of whether a safety committee has been established. The copy of questionnaire developed by Paris MoU is attached for reference.
- Deficiencies found during the inspection will be recorded by the PSC officer and actions may vary from recording a deficiency and instructing the master to rectify it within a certain period, to detaining the ship until serious deficiencies have been rectified.
- Accordingly all Owners / managers and Masters are advised to ensure that;
- All seafarers onboard are holding valid certificate(s) attesting medical fitness and have a copy of their seafarer’s employment agreement.
- All seafarers have completed their training for personal safety on board and record for same is available on board.
- Seafarers under the age of 18 are excluded from tasks that are likely to jeopardize their safety or health.
- Record of inspections of accommodation, food and drinking water is available on board.
- All seafarers are provided with a copy of on-board complaint procedures.
- All seafarers on board are provided with monthly account of their wages.
- Record of daily work and/or rest hours for all seafarers on board is available.
- Record of minutes of safety committee meetings are available on board.
- Press Release by Paris MoU.
- Questionnaire for CIC
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.