1. The companies shall ensure that master and crew involve in the provision of the IMSBC code, including safety measure contained therein to be incorporated into their safety management system.
2. Effective from 01 January 2017, Hazardous to marine environment (HME) and non-hazardous to marine environment (non-HME) cargo to be declared by shipper along with other requirement of IMSBC code section 4.2.
3. IMSBC code section 7 & section 8 to be followed for loading and carriage of cargo, which are subject to liquefaction.
4. No exemption permitted to the requirement listed in IMSBC code for the carriage of Direct Reduced Iron (A), Direct Reduced Iron (B) and Direct Reduced Iron (C) cargo.
5. Following documentation to be kept on board for each ship carrying dangerous goods in solid form in bulk:
a. special list or manifest setting forth the dangerous goods on board and the location thereof, in accordance with SOLAS Regulation VII/7-2.2;
b. appropriate instructions on emergency response to incidents involving the cargoes; and
c. Document of Compliance per SOLAS Regulation II-2/19.4.
d. Copy of IMSBC code
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.