- The Paris Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has announced that it will be conducting a concentrated inspection campaign (CIC) jointly with the Tokyo MoU with focus on navigation safety, including Electronic Chart Display Information Systems (ECDIS).
- The inspection campaign will be held for three (3) months, commencing from 1st September 2017 and ending on 30th November 2017.
- The CIC aims at checking the compliance with Safety of Navigation, including Electronic Chart Display Information Systems (ECDIS).
- Port State Control officer shall be using a standard questionnaire which lists areas to be covered during CIC. The questionnaire is expected to be published by August 2017. Once published, same will be forwarded to Owners/ ship managers.
- Deficiencies found during the inspection will be recorded by the PSC officer and actions may vary from recording a deficiency and instructing the master to rectify it within a certain period, to detaining the ship until serious deficiencies have been rectified.
- Ship Owners / managers and Masters of vessels trading in Paris and Tokyo MOU region are advised to be guided by above and ensure compliance with the requirements.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.