Marshall Islands Maritime Administrator has revised Marine Notice No. 2-011-13 - International Safety Management (ISM) Code, in October 2017.
- Salient points of the revision are as follows:
- The requirements of the ISM Code are mandatory under SOLAS Chapter IX and may be applied to all ships. The Administrator is applying the ISM Code to passenger yachts also, regardless of tonnage (Applicability).
- Definition of Designated Person has now been provided (paragraph 1.1.4).
- Requirements for Designated Person have been provided, which include reference to IMO Circular MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6 for qualifications, training and experience of Designated Person(s) (paragraph 3.5.2 to 3.5.4).
- Requirement of Companies to have a shipboard drug and alcohol abuse policy in accordance with STCW requirements has been included (paragraph 3.7.2).
- The safe practices of ship operations shall ensure that cyber risks are appropriately addressed in the SMS no later than the first annual verification of the Company’s Document of Compliance after 01 January 2021 (paragraph 3.8.8).
- Written procedures detailing the arrangements for internal SMS auditing must at least consider the elements as provided in IMO Circular MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.8 (paragraph 3.13.4)
- Marine Notice No. 2-011-13, Rev. Oct/2017
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.