- USCG has issued Marine Safety Information Bulletin No. 009-17 (copy attached) informing that U.S. Coast Guard Port State Control Officers (PSCO) may verify compliance with SOLAS Chapter V – Safety of Navigation, including functionality and operational requirements, on board foreign flag vessels arriving into U.S. ports.
- USCG has advised that owners / operators of foreign flagged vessels arriving into U.S. ports must ensure they are in compliance with the SOLAS Chapter V, Regulation 19.2.10 and Regulation 27.
- The bulletin highlights following ECDIS related items for ships to be prepared for PSC inspection:
- Master and Navigating officers are familiar with the guidance found in MSC.1/Circ.1503/Rev.1 - ECDIS Guidance for Good Practice;
- If there are any disparities with ECDIS equipment/software, the vessel’s master is encouraged to present the PSCO with proper documentation from the respective flag Administration, equipment manufacturer and/or technical servicing company.
- Ship owners / operators and masters of vessels calling U.S. ports are advised to be guided by above and the attached USCG Bulletin.
- USCG Marine Safety Information Bulletin No. 009-17, dated 25 August 2017
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.