- International Merchant Marine Registry of Belize (IMMARBE) has issued Seafarers Department Circular SDC-16/01 - Revised Certification Requirements for Ship Security Officers (SSO) on board Belize Registered Ships.
- The subject Circular supersedes their previous Circulars SDC-12/01 and SDC-15/09.
- Salient points of the Circular are as follows:
- SSO on board Belize flag vessels shall be a management level officer.
- SSO on board a Belize flag vessel shall have a valid SSO course certificate (STCW Regulation VI/5), issued by or on behalf of a STCW “IMO White List” country. SSO certificates are no longer required to be endorsed by IMMARBE. However, prior to SSO boarding a Belize flag vessel, the ISM Company is required to submit via email a copy of SSO course certificate to IMMARBE, in order to receive a confirmation of acceptance by IMMARBE.
- A copy of the Circular is attached for reference.
- IMMARBE Circular SDC-16/01.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.