a. IMMARBE will not accept new registration of vessels of 20 years or older, detained in the past 24 months from Non-IACS RO classification / certification.
b. Based on the technical evaluation, the Administration may also reject the registration of a new vessel of 20 years or older which is certified by a Non-IACS organization even if the vessel has not been detained in the past 24 months.
c. IACS certified vessels of 20 years or older which are currently on the Belize Register will not be permitted to change to a Non-IACS organization.
d. All Belize flagged vessels regardless of age, which are detained in the Paris MOU in the past 12 months will immediately enter into Occasional Survey Program of Belize Administration for a period of 24 months starting from the date of detention with the intention to minimize the risk of further detentions.
2. The scope of such occasional survey must be equivalent to Annual Surveys. If deficiencies are found at the time of the occasional survey, they need to be rectified as soon as possible and prior to entering any Paris MOU port.
3. The occasional survey will be valid for six (6) months and can be advanced with the purpose to make it concurrent with the annual, intermediate, or renewal survey, but it cannot be delayed for the very same reasons.
4. The owners and operators are under the obligation to request for such survey well in time to the RO.
5. In case a vessel has been identified by the Belize Administration to be included in the Occasional Survey Program which is operating within the ports of country members of the Paris MOU, the occasional survey must be performed before the vessel departs the port where it may be at the time this circular is implemented.
6. In cases where the vessels Statutory Certificates were issued within a thirty (30) days time frame, instead of carrying out an occasional survey, the Technical Department of IMMARBE can accept the submission of a Statement from the RO stating that the vessel is found to be in compliance with this circular, which will have a validity of six (6) months.
7. The Technical Department of IMMARBE will recommend disciplinary actions against a RO if a vessel is detained within the Paris MOU jurisdiction immediately after an occasional survey as described above has been carried out.
8. Those vessels subject to the requirements established in this circular, which do not perform the obligatory occasional survey or that are detained two (2) times within a six (6) months period by a Maritime Authority member of the Paris MOU, will be fined and cancelled from the Belize Registry.
9. All Belize flagged vessels operating within Paris MOU Area or intended to call any Paris MOU Port must also comply with all requirements as stated in Merchant Marine Notice 15-01 regarding PSC Analysis of Detention and submit the relevant PSC Checklist and Crew List to IMMARBE Technical Department prior proceeding to any Paris MOU Port at email@example.com ;firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.