- Republic of Marshall Islands has issued marine safety advisory no. 21-17 regarding inherent defect on some of Hwayan Emergency Escape Breathing Device (EEBD) , model EEBD TH15 B.
- Salient points of the advisory as follows:
- EEBD Unit manufactured during the July 2013 bearing lot number B132361-B132860 inclusive and B132861-B 133060 inclusive, totaling 700 units have an inherent blockage and do not fulfill the required rate of delivery of breathing air to the user.
- The blockage is observed in the pressure reducer connector which attaches to the air bottle.
- Lot number of the EEBD can be found on the side of the orange cover which houses the air bottle.
- Administration has recommended ship operators to check EEBDs onboard, and for affected EEBDs( lot numbers as mentioned above ) operators should contact manufacturer immediately at below contact for a replacement unit at no further cost.
Contact details of manufacturer:
Tel: 0086 511 55035528/ Fax: 0086 511 88035508
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Republic of Marshall Islands marine safety Advisory no. 21-17.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.