- Panama Maritime Authority (PMA) has revised merchant marine circular MMC-133, providing updated instructions on use of Ship Security Alert System (SSAS).
- Reference is made to our earlier technical circular no. 131/2017 dated 18th October 2017.
- CSO have to make the endorsement or revalidate the information through online application.
- Administration has requested all CSO to verify the information that appears on the electronic platform and update their data. In case any discrepancy related to the indicted company information; same is to be informed to email@example.com for its update.
- The operators and/or owners have the responsibility to schedule annual tests of SSAS TEST through CSO; not less than 3 days before carrying out the test.
- It is to be noted that the SSAS TEST messages containing required information have to be encoded as it is requested in the attached circular, using ASCII, UTF-8 or ANSI encoding; so that the SSAS TEST MESSAGE can be received by the Administration.
- In case that the message received indicates the words SSAS ALERT or SECURITY, the Administration will require a confirmation about the status of the ship and the crew.
- RSO will verify satisfactory working of SSAS system during initial verification by performing a real TEST and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org for confirming receipt.
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above and are requested to verify that the SSAS equipment have been correctly set-up and is working properly.
- Panama Merchant Marine Circular MMC-133
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.