- Kiribati ship registry has issued a marine circular 38/2017 notifying the measures implemented by the Administration on competency of crew on Kiribati flagged vessels.
- Administration has informed that all Kiribati flagged vessels reported with International Safety Management (ISM) related deficiencies during any Port State Control (PSC) inspection are required to rectify such deficiencies and apply for PSC re-inspection within given time period.
- Failure to compliance with above will result in de-registration of the vessel by Administration.
- Administration has given examples of such deficiencies as follows:
- Crew members were unable to perform a satisfactory fire drill
- Maintenance and inspection of fire safety system not carried out properly
- Crew members were unfamiliar with the operations of survival crafts
- Crew members could not don fireman’s outfit / immersion suits correctly
- Crew members were unfamiliar with the operations of the oily water filtering equipment
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Kiribati Ship Registry marine circular 38/2017.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.