- International Merchant Marine Registry of Belize (IMMARBE) has issued a merchant marine notice MMN-17-001 (copy attached) providing guidance on survey for the implementation of BWM requirements.
- BWM convention will come into force from 08th September 2017. In order to grant enough time to bring Belize flag vessels in compliance with the convention, Administration has accepted the de-harmonization of IOPP certificate from all other statutory certificates.
- Ship owners or ISM operators intending to de-harmonize the IOPP Certificate have been advised to forward their request to IRS.
- Based on the recommendation from IRS, Administration will approve the request of de-harmonization of IOPP certificate and authorize IRS to perform a renewal IOPP survey on case-by case basis.
- However, Administration encourages ship owner and ISM operators to re-harmonize the IOPP surveys and certificate into HSSC in future.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above
- Belize Merchant Marine Notice MMN-17-001.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.