- Panama maritime authority has revised circular MMC-201 regarding correction of deficiencies raised during annual safety inspection (ASI) on vessel.
- Master, DPA, Owner/operator are required to report the correction of deficiencies raised during annual safety inspection; within 30 days of inspection to Flag State Section at email@example.com.
- Procedure of reporting to flag state is to be included in vessel’s ISM manual and review of same to be carried out during initial, intermediate, renewal and additional verification of SMC audit.
- In case of deficiency not duly closed by administration or corrections of deficiency have not been provided to flag state within 30 days; a finding is to be recorded in audit report.
- The correction of the deficiencies shall be sent using the format ‘Monitoring and Correction of Deficiencies Reports’ [Form (F-IASI-01-01)].
- Below are the contact details of Administration’s “Flag State Section”
Phone: (507) 501-5089 / 501-5084 / 501-5034 / 501-5033
Fax: (507) 501-5035
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Panama Maritime Authority Merchant Marine Circular MMC-201.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.