- In order to facilitate ships and help Indian ports to create an efficient, effective and transparent port reception service delivery, DG shipping, India has developed an online portal known as ‘Swachh Sagar’.
- Administration has issued circular no. 06 of 2018 providing information and requirement for utilization of this centralized port reception facility portal.
- All Indian flagged ships registered under Merchant Shipping Act 1958 and all foreign ships during each visit to any Indian port, anchorage, roadstead etc. are required to comply with the requirements of the circular.
- Salient points of the circular are as follows:
- All ships visiting any Indian Port or anchorage are required to access the portal and give details of required data including inventory of ship generated waste onboard. This information and inventory is to be filled up irrespective of whether the ship is required a port reception facility or not.
- If the ships are at anchorage, such details are to be filed up weekly.
- In case port reception facilities are required then same is to be preferably requested 24 hours or more prior arrival through this portal.
- A complaint regarding inadequate service delivery or non-availability of shore reception facility can be lodge by master/owner/mangers/agent via the portal.
- From 01st December 2018, causing non-compliance with the circular by not filling up the required data in the portal will result in denial of entry of the ship by port authorities.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above and attached circular.
- DGS circular no. 06 of 2018
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.