- The Republic of the Marshall Islands has issued revised marine safety advisory No.41-16 (copy attached) regarding compliance for GMDSS HF NBDP channeling requirements. This notice supersedes MSA 40-16.
- As per earlier notice, the high frequency (HF) radio communication equipment capable of operating narrow band direct printing (NBDP) be updated to meet 2012 radio regulations.
- The IMO now requires that high frequency (HF) radio communications equipment capable of operating narrow-band direct printing (NBDP) be updated to meet the new channeling arrangements, contained in the 2012 Radio Regulations HF, Appendix 17, Part B, Sections II and III (HF direct-printing telegraphy), by the first safety radio survey after 01 January 2024.
- In case vessel will be out of serviced or scraped within two year of the first radio survey after 1 January 2017, administration to be contacted for exemption for not updating very high frequency radio communication equipment.
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- RMI Marine Safety Advisory No. 41-16 Reg. Compliance for GMDSS HF NBDP channelling requirements.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.