- International Merchant Marine Registry of Belize (IMMARBE) has issued Circular Letter No. IMM/GOB 001/17 (copy attached) providing the Administration’s requirements wrt the carriage of printed colour copies for original flag state documents onboard ships.
- The Administration requires that all original documents must be carried on board Belize Flagged vessels. However, in cases when the original documents, as mentioned below, are en-route to the vessel, a grace period of thirty (30) days is granted from the date of issuance of the certificates. During this period, printed colour copies of such documents must be carried on board as evidence of compliance / certification.
- Following is the list of documents (but may not be limited to) for which printed colour copies as mentioned above is acceptable.
- Provisional or Permanent Patent of Navigation;
- Provisional or Permanent Ship Radio License;
- Certificate of Insurance or other Financial Security in Respect of Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage (CLC);
- Certificate of Insurance or other Financial Security in Respect of Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage (BCC);
- Certificate of Insurance or other Financial Security in Respect of Liability for the Removal of Wrecks (WRC);
- Certificate of Insurance or other Financial Security in Respect of Liability for the Death of and Personal Injury to Passengers (PAL);
- Minimum Safe Manning Certificate (MSMC);
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR);
- Exemption Certificates, Waiver of Requirements, Equivalent of Arrangements, Attestation Letters;
- Dispensation Letter;
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Certificate Part I (DMLC Part I);
- Certificate of Receipt Application for Officers (CRA);
- Endorsement Certificate for Officers.
- During the thirty (30) day period stated above, the colour copy of the documents will have the same validity as the original documents.
- Ship Owners / managers and Masters of Belize flagged vessels are advised to be guided by above.
- IMMARBE Circular Letter No. IMM/GOB 001/17
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.