- In accordance with the amendments to MLC, 2006 convention vessels are required to maintain on board evidence of:
- Financial security (P&I Club or insurer) – Regulation 2.5 – Repatriation
- Financial security (P&I Club or insurer) – Regulation 4.2 – Ship owners’ Liability
- Panama maritime Authority has issued a merchant marine circular-352 providing list of approved P &I clubs or insurers recognized by the Administration for the issuance of financial securities and same can be found in the attached circular.
- Administration has informed that the financial securities issued prior to the publication of attached circular will remain in force until its validity date, and at the time of renewing the financial securities or if they are canceled due to a change of name of the ship/ship owner/operator, gross tonnage and other reasons then they should be done through a P & I Club or Insurer listed in the circular.
- Ship owners / operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Panama Merchant Marine Circular MMC-352.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.