- St Vincent And The Grenadines Maritime Administration has issued Circular No. MLC 009 (copy attached) detailing procedures to be followed in cases of transfer of MLC certification from one recognized organization to another.
- Salient points of the circular are as follows:
- All inspections initiated by the losing RO are required to be satisfactorily completed by the gaining RO, and any serious deficiencies are to be closed out or downgraded by the loosing RO.
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC) II reviewed and certified by the loosing RO is to be re-reviewed by gaining RO before the onboard MLC inspection.
- The Administration will not reissue the DMLC Part I, provided that it complies with the latest version of the general DMLC Part I.
- An inspection is to be carried out by the gaining RO, in the scope of an initial MLC inspection, should address all required elements of the MLC, National MLC requirements and any matters arising out of the last inspection carried out by the loosing RO.
- Upon successful inspection and DMLC Part II certification/endorsement, the gaining RO will issue a Short Term ML Certificate valid for up to five (5) months.
- Shipowners/Managers to apply to the administration for the issue of a Full Term ML Certificate within 3 months of the date of the initial inspection.
- The full term ML Certificate will have the same validity as the existing full term ML Certificate unless the RO ‘s transfer (initial MLC Inspection) is carried out within the renewal window.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines Circular No. MLC 009 on Transfer of MLC Certification.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.