- IMO Resolution MEPC. 277(70) had adopted amendments to MARPOL V which came into force from 1st March 2018.
- Vanuatu Maritime Services Limited has issued Fleet/Safety Letter 021218.GEN informing that there are some misprints in Garbage Record Book (Edition 18) which is recently published.
- The misprints are related to labeling of garbage with respect to applicable category as per amendments of MARPOL V and details of which can be found in attached fleet safety letter.
- Administration has authorized owners/operators and masters to correct these errors by hand and keep the copy of attached safety letter onboard. The copy can be presented as an evidence of authorization from the Administration if required by any duly authorized flag state or port state official.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Vanuatu Maritime Services Limited Fleet/Safety Letter 021218.GEN
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.