- Antigua and Barbuda flag administration has issued circular 2018-001 regarding requirements of administration with respect to Installation, Compensation and drawing up of Deviation Tables for Magnetic Compasses on board Antigua and Barbuda internationally registered vessels.
- Salient points of the circular are as follows:
- Magnetic compass installation is to be approved by vessel’s classification society in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Administration requires magnetic compass is to be adjusted at least every 24 months (2 years) and deviation table is to be drawn by professional adjuster, who is authorized by the administration of his principal place of business or; authorized by any Recognized Organization (RO) of the Antigua and Barbuda Administration.
- In cases where any permanent changes are made to any installations/ ship structure which may affect the magnetic compass deviation or it’s installation; the deviation table is to be corrected accordingly and documentary evidence of same is to be provided until a proper compensation is performed at next suitable location.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- Department of Marine Services and Merchant Shipping (ADOMS) circular 2018-001 issued April 2018.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.