- The DGS vide Nautical Wing Circular No. NT/LSA/01/2017, dated 31st May 2017(copy attached) has notified that air pressure test of immersion suits and anti exposure suits, to ensure the maintenance of adequate strength and water tightness of seams & closure, should be carried out at intervals not exceeding three years and suits over ten years of age at every alternate year in accordance with the guidelines set out in IMO circular MSC/Ci.1114 dated 25 May 2004.
- Air pressure test of immersion suits and anti exposure suits as required above is to be carried out by:
- DGS approved life raft service station having adequate facilities in India or;
- Any IACS class approved service station outside India; or
- Ship board personal holding minimum operational level foreign going Certificate of Competency (CoC) that are deemed to have necessary skill, knowledge and competency to carry out the test in accordance with MSC/Cir.1114 and instructions provided by the manufacturers and that suitable equipment necessary to carry out the test are available on board.
- Ship Owners / operators and masters of Indian flagged vessels are advised to be guided by above and the attached DGS Circular No. NT/LSA/01/2017.
- DGS Nautical Wing Circular No. NT/LSA/01/2017, dated 31st May 2017.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.