- USCG had discontinued monitoring the Single Side Band High Frequency (SSB-HF) of 2182 KHz and same was informed through marine safety alert 06-13 dated 18 June 2013.
- However, USCG marine inspectors found that number of vessel operators and ship masters continue to use this outdated frequencies to contact the coast guards.
- The Coast Guards are monitoring the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) SSB-HF frequencies 4125, 6215, 8291 and 12,290 kHz in place of the old international radiotelephone distress frequency 2182 kHz.
- Owners, operators and masters are requested to be guided by above.
- USCG marine safety alert 08-17.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.