- It is normal practice that the financial security certificates are issued in the name of the Registered Owner whereas Maritime Labour Certificate and Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC) are issued in the name of the DOC holder of the ship.
- In view of above, there is a possibility that the named entity on the financial security certificates as required by the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 may be different from that mentioned on the Maritime Labour Certificate and Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC).
- The RMI Administration has issued Marine Safety Advisory (MSA) 07-17 (copy attached) providing above clarification and has advised RMI vessel owners and operators to share this MSA with PSC in case of any question of the named entity on the certificates of financial security under the MLC, 2006.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters are advised to be guided by above.
- RMI Marine Safety Advisory No. 07-17.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person.
While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.