a) Incompatibility between the on board ECDIS and the update.
b) Lack of availability of technician in undertaking the updates; and
c) Updated ECDIS units displaying incorrect information.
1. The vessel operator has contacted the manufacturer/service company well in advance and service company/ manufacturer has confirmed that update or replacement of ECDIS within 90 day of compliance date.
2. The ship has been provided with charts and publication in compliance with the regulation 27 of SOLAS chapter V.
3. Confirmation from manufacturer/service provider of ECDIS that without upgrade, the existing ECDIS poses no immediate risk to safe navigation.
4. The navigation officers are fully conversant in use of paper charts and the ECDIS.
5. Port state authorities have been informed.
6. Confirmation letter from manufacturer/ service provider of ECDIS along with document listed at serial no.2, 5 and Marine Safety Advisory to be available on board to substantiate the validity of statutory memo.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.